Subject: Re: formula for rolling wheels again?
From: [email-masked] (Brenden Mecleary )
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 1996 01:46:03 -0500

>Could someone repost a formula for making rolling wheels go at the right
>speed for your rate of travel?  I should have paid more attention in
>algebra class back in college...
>
>I guess the elements would be x distance travelled over y frames, and z wheel
>radius...

Here, try this:

    Let wheel radius = x
    Let length of surface of wheel = y
    Let distance for wheel to travel on ground = z

    y = (2 * pi * x)
    z/y = number of 360 degree wheel rotations for travel of z distance

    I just came up with that in my head, so would anyone tell me if my math is 
wrong?

                                                        Brenden Mecleary
                                                        [email-masked]

P.S. - It would be nice if Layout supported mathematical expressions for input 
values like modeler did!  It would make stuff like this much easier! (HINT HINT)